ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

IDEA: Shell extension to show total play time of media clips

<< < (23/41) > >>

Ath:
@Curt Would WinDiff/WinMerge help you out?
They have been highly praised and are regularly updated. I'm a Compare It!/Synchronize It! registered user, so I don't use em...

Curt:
I tested both UltraCompare and WinMerge, but removed them again because I didn't like their interfaces. I am not a coder and have absolutely very little to use this kind of programs for, so it is important to my IT illiterate brains that any "diff"-program above all is easy to use, and (only then) not too expensive. WinMerge is of course cheap (free) but the window is a little "weird", making it a slow process to read each line.

Remember that we are talking about two different type of files, M3U and WPL. The first song in the playlist will do fine as an example of the problem. In M3U it looks like this:

D:\Musik reserve\Plain White T's\-no album-\00 Rhythm Of Love - Plain White T's - .mp3

but in the WPL the same song is like this:

<media src="D:\Musik reserve\Plain White T&apos;s\-no album-\00 Rhythm Of Love - Plain White T&apos;s - .mp3" tid="{7FC85ED8-E4C7-43E5-9C6D-D03A51C7A432}"/>

-so you see, any diff program will *almost* show more differences than similarities!

I expect to maybe get a key for Compare It! if/when it gets on discounted offer
- but I have of course not yet made any final decisions. It is not urgent ;-)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.2.3 - 2012-01-27
    + Added Unicode path support.
    * Updated to v0.7.53.0 of MediaInfo.dll.
    ! Windows 2000 and below no longer supported (due to added Unicode support).
    ! Removed Text-To-Speech option until I can figure out how to make it work
      with this Unicode version.  Apologies.

Curt:
-on my copy "Add Files" doesn't add any files; it will open Explorer, but the added file or files does not show up in PlayTime. The rest of the program is fine.

skwire:
Crap...fixed.  Thank you.  BTW, Curt, see if those Unicode playists you had trouble with before work now.

Website | Download
v1.2.4 - 2012-01-27
    ! The "Add files" functionality was broken by the last build.  (Thanks, Curt)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version