ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

IDEA: Shell extension to show total play time of media clips

<< < (18/41) > >>

paarkhi:
Sorry was bit late on the band wagon but a Terrific utility, Downloaded and started using...
As always SKWIRE helps in a amazing way to the forum users

Curt:
1) re-edited: my PlayTime cannot read .wpl!?

2) I see PlayTime already is able of exporting as .CSV files, so I wonder how little (much) it would take to make it capable of CREATING playlists? Or is that an all different game? The PlayTime name would still be perfect...

---
1)#:

Curt:
Geez!! I didn't realize Explorer will show the total time of selected media files if you have Details Pane selected in Layout(or at least it does on both my Vista PCs but I have MediaInfo installed on each so I'm not sure who is doing what.)
-MilesAhead (March 24, 2009, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

-oh, how I have been struggling to figure out how to replicate this. I have fumbled for several hours with Vista Explorer, MediaInfo, and QTTabbar, but so far Vista will still only tell me "last modified date (period)". No 'Total Playtime' info!

What do you say, Miles; any idea how you've managed to have Explorer tell you the total playtime?
Anyone?  :tellme:

------
only MP3 files selected:

skwire:
1) re-edited: my PlayTime cannot read .wpl!?-Curt (May 22, 2010, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll be the first to admit that my support of .wpl files is FAR from complete.  Would you mind posting or PM'ing me that .wpl file?

2) I see PlayTime already is able of exporting as .CSV files, so I wonder how little (much) it would take to make it capable of CREATING playlists? Or is that an all different game? The PlayTime name would still be perfect...-Curt (May 22, 2010, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, exporting as simple .m3u file is very easy since it's just a list of filename/paths.  Would that be acceptable?

MilesAhead:
Geez!! I didn't realize Explorer will show the total time of selected media files if you have Details Pane selected in Layout(or at least it does on both my Vista PCs but I have MediaInfo installed on each so I'm not sure who is doing what.)
-MilesAhead (March 24, 2009, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

-oh, how I have been struggling to figure out how to replicate this. I have fumbled for several hours with Vista Explorer, MediaInfo, and QTTabbar, but so far Vista will still only tell me "last modified date (period)". No 'Total Playtime' info!

What do you say, Miles; any idea how you've managed to have Explorer tell you the total playtime?
Anyone?  :tellme:

------
only MP3 files selected:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (May 22, 2010, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can't find where the setting is hidden but you need to enable Preview for the Explorer folder.  That should give you a pane at the bottom and when media files are selected you get info including playtimes.  I have MediaInfo installed with explorer extension enabled.

Edit: or just use skwire's PlayTime.  I believe it's not in memory all the time. Just launched when you run it via shell extension or manually.  And the shell extension works in both 32 and 64 bit.  I have it on both Vista64 and W7 32 bit.  It's more versatile than Explorer method because you can select some files, do Add To Playtime, then select more files in another folder and add them.

edit: ok, see from other posts you are already working with skwire.

Also I've tried several file types like .mkv and .m2ts and it doesn't seem to work with those afa display of total time or run times generally.  It's likely .avi and a few other types.  Best to go with PlayTime as Explorer looks like it will be imcomplete afa media file type support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version