ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 09

(1/3) > >>

Ehtyar:
Hi all.

It's just so rare that something interesting/cool actually happens in .au (other than filtered internet of course) that I think this deserves a post. Last night (March 7th) was the 31st annual Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras parade, attended by hundreds of thousands of gay, straight, bisexual and transsexual party animals. This year's theme was Nation's United, to raise awareness of Gay and Lesbian rights around the world. The parade itself was hosted by Joan Rivers, and included a live performance by Tina Arena, the biggest selling Australian female artist of all time. I'll let the pics and vids tell the rest, enjoy :)

Pics (snitched from the BBC here):
Colorful, eh?The aptly named "Dykes on Bikes".The "Dancing Cadinals".Nations United.
Videos:
News coverage on Weekend Sunrise
Snippet of the live coverage

Ehtyar.

Coeluh:
In the Netherlands we have something called the Gay Parade, where like 1 million people come to see 2000 homosexuals on little boats with almost zero clothing. Not my cup of tea.

PhilB66:
In the Netherlands we have something called the Gay Parade, where like 1 million people come to see 2000 fags on little boats with almost zero clothing. Not my cup of tea.
-Coeluh (March 08, 2009, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

No need to use offensive terms.

tomos:
The "Dancing Cadinals".
-Ehtyar (March 08, 2009, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

LOL

Coeluh:
I did not mean to use offensive terms. I'm sorry. I vote democrats

Navigation

[0] Message Index