Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 16, 2014, 06:30:06 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Screenshot Captor Help  (Read 4814 times)
Msgt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 06, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »

Here is my problem.  When I right click the Screenshot Captor icon in the sys tray I get a list of things you can do.  As my attachment shows it also captures the cursor and the action that was being done.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

* Screenshot - 3_6_2009 , 3_39_34 PM.jpg (110.12 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 305 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:01:52 PM »

two things:
  • first, you must be using an old version by the look of the settings dialog.
  • second, and more importantly, the easiest solution is to use the hotkey keyboard shortcut to initiate the capture instead of the menu; if you look at the menu the next time it tells you what hotkey keyboard shortcuts you can use directly.  this also has the advantage of being much more efficient in terms of your time.
Msgt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »

Thanks, mouser.  I tried that and it worked fine.  Guess I was trying to take a short cut so I didn't have to remember the key combos.  Also, you said it looked like I had an older version.  Should I delete the old one first before installing the new one or can I install over the old one? And will it pickup my registration code?  Thanks for your advise.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »

You can install right over the old copy, all your settings and license key will be preserved.
Don't get me wrong you should be able to do what you want without that message being captured on the screen, so let me know if it still happens.  but do yourself a favor and use the hotkeys, once you get in the habit it makes life so much easier.
Msgt
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:42:47 PM »

Thanks again, mouser.  I'll download a new copy and install in the next couple of days.  I'll try it out using the icon and let you know if it happens again.
Your help was most appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.07 ]