ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Screenshot Captor Help

(1/1)

Msgt:
Here is my problem.  When I right click the Screenshot Captor icon in the sys tray I get a list of things you can do.  As my attachment shows it also captures the cursor and the action that was being done.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

mouser:
two things:

* first, you must be using an old version by the look of the settings dialog.
* second, and more importantly, the easiest solution is to use the hotkey keyboard shortcut to initiate the capture instead of the menu; if you look at the menu the next time it tells you what hotkey keyboard shortcuts you can use directly.  this also has the advantage of being much more efficient in terms of your time.

Msgt:
Thanks, mouser.  I tried that and it worked fine.  Guess I was trying to take a short cut so I didn't have to remember the key combos.  Also, you said it looked like I had an older version.  Should I delete the old one first before installing the new one or can I install over the old one? And will it pickup my registration code?  Thanks for your advise.

mouser:
You can install right over the old copy, all your settings and license key will be preserved.
Don't get me wrong you should be able to do what you want without that message being captured on the screen, so let me know if it still happens.  but do yourself a favor and use the hotkeys, once you get in the habit it makes life so much easier.

Msgt:
Thanks again, mouser.  I'll download a new copy and install in the next couple of days.  I'll try it out using the icon and let you know if it happens again.
Your help was most appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version