topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:24 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Another Curve-ball For You Guys!  (Read 6614 times)

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Non-Event: The Daniel Headrick Saga
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Another Curve-ball For You Guys!
« on: March 06, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I'm starting to sound like a broken record, asking about little programs left and right, but I have an idea for one if it doesn't already exist. Is there an app that can rename folders and/or filenames in bulk so that the folder/filename are all capitalized. I'm going through a TON of eBooks that have jacked up filenames. I just want to quickly clean them up. Anyone have an idea and/or a solution?

You guys rock, so I know you'll deliver. LOL.
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Another Curve-ball For You Guys!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:44 AM »
I'm starting to sound like a broken record, asking about little programs left and right, but I have an idea for one if it doesn't already exist. Is there an app that can rename folders and/or filenames in bulk so that the folder/filename are all capitalized. I'm going through a TON of eBooks that have jacked up filenames. I just want to quickly clean them up. Anyone have an idea and/or a solution?

You guys rock, so I know you'll deliver. LOL.

Curve-ball? My *ss!

Untitled-2.png

Febooti fileTweak Case (freeware)

Download: http://www.febooti.com/downloads/ftweak-case.exe
Info: http://www.febooti.com/products/filetweak/members/case/

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 09:49 AM »
another program that also does this is Bulk Rename Utility (BRU), just check out zridling's review.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Curve-ball? My *ss!

:o in less than 14 minutes -
you probably have a record there Scancode ;D
Tom

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Curve-ball? My *ss!

Febooti fileTweak Case (freeware)

Download: http://www.febooti.com/downloads/ftweak-case.exe
Info: http://www.febooti.com/products/filetweak/members/case/

[/quote]

Yes, I stand chastened and rebuked. I doubt I could really throw a curve-ball to your guys. I'm a computer addict, but know nothing about programming. I just can't get over how helpful (and timely) you guys are.
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 10:25 AM »
I used to use an application specific to ebooks called My Ebook Library, but the developer and his site have disappeared and I can't install it on my new PC and add my books.

It's an ebook library management and cataloging application that has the ability to look up info online based on the book's ISBN, and can rename files according to the correct name of the book and its author. The application made you find the ISBN yourself, either within the book or on amazon.com, and then it would pull the rest of the info from the developer's cached database (which is now gone).

Since then, another developer, that was also a user and lover of the same software, has decided to recreate its functionality (and then some) in his own application.

His is supposed to have the ability to automatically scan the books to find the ISBN contained within the books themselves, and then pull the additional data directly from amazon, thereby making it that much better. (it also has backup/import/export options the original didn't have)

I have not tried his app, but I may plan on it at some point. I am just waiting till he finishes it first.

His alpha/beta/whatever it is, is currently free, but he plans on charging for it once it's finished. That's why I am waiting. I don't want to try it, fall in love with it and get hit with a surprise price tag that I can't afford, when the final version is released.

But if you would like to give it a try, it's called Home Library

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31 AM »
I used to use an application specific to ebooks called My Ebook Library, but the developer and his site have disappeared and I can't install it on my new PC and add my books.

It's an ebook library management and cataloging application that has the ability to look up info online based on the book's ISBN, and can rename files according to the correct name of the book and its author. The application made you find the ISBN yourself, either within the book or on amazon.com, and then it would pull the rest of the info from the developer's cached database (which is now gone).

Since then, another developer, that was also a user and lover of the same software, has decided to recreate its functionality (and then some) in his own application.

His is supposed to have the ability to automatically scan the books to find the ISBN contained within the books themselves, and then pull the additional data directly from amazon, thereby making it that much better. (it also has backup/import/export options the original didn't have)

I have not tried his app, but I may plan on it at some point. I am just waiting till he finishes it first.

His alpha/beta/whatever it is, is currently free, but he plans on charging for it once it's finished. That's why I am waiting. I don't want to try it, fall in love with it and get hit with a surprise price tag that I can't afford, when the final version is released.

For my DVDs, Books, etc I use MediaMan. My eBook collection is rather extensive, but I just want to be able to have the file names capitalized and clean looking. As far as a catalog of my eBooks is concerned, I have my own little personal Dewey Decimal System. I'm just a freak about clean and captialized file names. :)
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:36 AM »
[/quote]

So is it worth creating an account to get the app?
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:50 AM »

So is it worth creating an account to get the app?

If it's anything like the application that I fell in love with (and the developer of Home Library did too) I would say yes.

siouxdax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Well, I hate to say this, but Home Library is just awful, in my opinion. It's virtually barren of any sort of options. I think I'll try to create a database for my eBooks in MediaMan.
Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
AKA siouxdax

Visit my tumblog!