ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

eBook Reader alternate to Acrobat?

<< < (3/6) > >>

siouxdax:
After trying out various options, I think that staying with Acrobat 8 Pro is best for me. I should just keep it simple and use just one program, except for when I have to deal with djvu files.

IQLover:
I found this to be very useful!  8)

Tiesenhausen:
It's true, you only need to have one program to read pdf's on your computer, and that program is FoxIt. Aside from being quick, with a very small footprint, it allows you to set and manipulate bookmarks (change order, put in hierarchies, etc.), which is very useful for a big text that is consulted as a reference.

The Yahoo toolbar option is an irritant, because it's a prechecked option every time you update--you have to remember to uncheck it. So far I always have. The program itself is a jewel.

It may not be the best program for a portable device--I don't have one and can't comment.

Tiesenhausen

Doppelganger:
I've used http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer with satisfactory results.

ewemoa:
I've tried a portable version of FoxIt Reader and I nearly stayed with it.  It is quite nice.

However, on starting it up, it appears to insist on setting a file association for .pdf if none is set -- and I did not find a way to get it to stop doing this.  I hope there is a way...

For the moment I've decided to stick with SumatraPDF -- which does lack certain features (no text selection and the aforementioned bookmarking), but it is a better-behaved application IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version