ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Random (real random) file from folder and subfolders

<< < (6/14) > >>

Coeluh:
I'm curious about the randomness of this script. Could you make a simple thing with the same random-engine as in Pick Me and then wait for user input of:
 - Number of choices
 - Number of times to do the experiment

And then a resultpage where it sums up the number of times each choice has been randomly chosen.

This all is because I sometimes think it's not that random.

scancode:
I'm curious about the randomness of this script. Could you make a simple thing with the same random-engine as in Pick Me and then wait for user input of:
 - Number of choices

And then a resultpage where it sums up the number of times each choice has been randomly chosen.

-Coeluh (March 09, 2009, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's Visual Basic 6's rnd() function.

What do you suggest? random.org? :-)

Coeluh:
 - Number of choices

-Coeluh (March 09, 2009, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's Visual Basic 6's rnd() function.
 (see attachment in previous post)
What do you suggest? random.org? :-)

-scancode (March 09, 2009, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well I see that the first and the last number are getting a significant lower rate... What's that doc?

scancode:
Well I see that the first and the last number are getting a significant lower rate... What's that doc?
-Coeluh (March 09, 2009, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed. It was a rounding issue.
Thanks mouser  :-*

Feel free to redownload the app. Also added the splitted rar archives thingy.

Coeluh:
Ok but I still think it's not really random. I've click my shortcut to get a random file like 10 times, and i got the same one 4 times and some other one 2 times and another one 2 times. Total files: like 100.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version