ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Paragon Drive Backup 9 Special Edition For Free!

<< < (5/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Sorry should have commented - merge done earlier today.  :-*

MilesAhead:
Sorry should have commented - merge done earlier today.  :-*
-Carol Haynes (March 12, 2009, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like the free backup finally died.  I believe you can still get the Paragon Drive Backup Express edition.  I tried several paragon offers that were past date and it looks like the form that you fill in your email to get the reg codes is automated and still sends the codes.  But when you log in, the download has no link.  Guess somebody decided to put the whammy on past-due freebies.  :down:

BinderDundat:
There is a new offer to beta test Paragon System Backup 9 with the following benefits offered:

What are the benefits for me?

•       The best report holders will receive FREE registration of Paragon Drive Backup 9 Professional, which includes most Paragon backup and recovery features, also beta testers receive the upgrade assurance to our 10th version soon to be released.                                                 
•       Every beta tester will receive 50% discount on Paragon Software products (e-shop)
•       A great opportunity to be involved in discussions with Paragon Product Managers
•       Our great thankfulness!

The one thing that prevents me from doing this is that they want you to have one partition (FAT or NTFS) on your hard drive.  I wonder how many people who are knowledgeable enough to beta test a drive backup program would have only one partition?  Forgot to post the link: Paragon

MilesAhead:
Yeah, from what I can gather they are shooting for an automated backup strategy.  I guess they expect people to kill off their restore partition since they will have backup images.  I wonder how many joe 6pack "I just want to use my PC not administer it" types will be willing to do that.. or maybe the wizard will do it for them.  Start the backup for the first time and a dialog pops up and says "Now your restore partition will be automatically hosed : ok with you? and Yes No Maybe buttons... and no matter which button you press, the partition is deleted!!  :)

edit: btw I have a feeling they want that simple setup because the Backup Capsule partition scheme they used will probably be automated.  A Wizard will just do it rather than depending on the user to manually click all the buttons to create a backup capsule.  Unless they leave all the manual controls it may be getting to the point where I won't want to upgrade.

Curt:
Just a tiny and maybe useless info:

Paragon may have their "Offerer Identification"-office in Irvine, California, but:

§ 7    Further Terms:

2. This agreement is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Germany.

3. Concerning contracts with merchants, commercial companies, public legal entities and legal separate estates under public law, as well as in those cases where the customer, who is not a consumer, does not have his/it's general jurisdiction within Germany, the court located in Müllheim, Germany shall have jurisdiction to hear the disputes arising under this agreement.
-Terms and Conditions of the Beta Test Agreement
--- End quote ---

---

On another matter:
Do 'we' know for how long this beta offer has been active? Before joining I would of course like to get an idea about how dangerous it may be to test it.
 :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version