ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Paragon Drive Backup 9 Special Edition For Free!

<< < (4/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
Yep - it was supposed to end on 1st March so if you want a copy grab it quick while you can.

I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. Anyone know what the difference is between this version and the commercial version?
-Carol Haynes (March 05, 2009, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Basically Paragon Drive Backup Express should be available for download from the Paragon site anytime.  They accept a hotmail address for sending the reg info.  There is even a 64 bit edition if you have Vista64. It's Paragon Drive Backup Personal 9.0 without some of the features.  No folder exclusion, no file only backup etc..   For an image backup of your entire system it's fine.  If you have an external drive you can get smaller backups by copying off big files(like if you have dvd .iso images or big .avi files etc.) to your external, delete them.. then do the backup.

The boot CD afaik is the same as Personal that is Linux based and has USB support.  If your system is hosed, boot the CD and restore from the external USB drive.

I've been using Paragon Drive Backup Personal since v. 8.5 and I've restored with it a few times.  The restore does work. I put Windows 7 beta on and when I got bored with it I just laid the Paragon image back on and my system was the same as when I did the backup.

If they had these Express editions out when I bought 8.5 I probably would have just downloaded the Express.  But if you do a lot of video it's convenient to just exclude folders with huge files to make the backup set smaller without the copy off work-around.

For $40 I ain't complainin' :)

Shades:
Hey, going through this thread I notice that a lot of posts are missing, including one of my own about a seriously bad side effect after installing this software. Which would be the loss of two from my six partitions.

Did Cody eat some of the posts as a midnight snack or something?

PhilB66:
Hey, going through this thread I notice that a lot of posts are missing, including one of my own about a seriously bad side effect after installing this software. Which would be the loss of two from my six partitions.

Did Cody eat some of the posts as a midnight snack or something?
-Shades (March 11, 2009, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh Shades...

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17339.0

Maybe ask a mod to merge the two?

Shades:
Yep, a merge would be nice...less confusing for me :-[

MilesAhead:
I think there's some confusion here because it looks like Shades partition was deleted by Paragon Partition Manager but the thread turns into a discussion of Paragon Drive Backup, which is an image backup program.  I have experience with Drive Backup but none with the Paragon Partition Manager.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version