ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Paragon Drive Backup 9 Special Edition For Free!

<< < (6/9) > >>

MH-Andy:
Very good program :D

MilesAhead:
On another matter:
Do 'we' know for how long this beta offer has been active? Before joining I would of course like to get an idea about how dangerous it may be to test it.
 :tellme
-Curt (April 04, 2009, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

This may be a bit ironic, but if you don't have a backup imaging program now, I would get the Paragon Drive Backup Express free version and make a backup image to an external USB drive.  The Express edition is the same as Backup 9.0 Personal with a few features removed.  I can attest that the restore actually works.  I've restored with Paragon Backup at least 5 or 6 times over the last year and never had a problem.  But where this one is a beta I'd have the backup using the tested and proven one in reserve.  The Express edition, same as Personal 9.0 has an image of a bootable CD for the restore.  If your drive gets hosed to where you can't get into Windows, hook up the external drive you used to back up, insert the CD and boot it.  Restore from external drive.

I just did a restore last week aamof after playing around too much with custom Vista themes got my system hosed.  The backup/restore of v. 9.0 does work.

Curt:
- thanks, MilesAhead. However, I have both R-Drive Image and Backup4all Pro 4, but don't really like any of them. I have tested many backup'ers but have not yet found the one to love. So I want to test Paragon 10, because MAYBE this is the one!

MilesAhead:
- thanks, MilesAhead. However, I have both R-Drive Image and Backup4all Pro 4, but don't really like any of them. I have tested many backup'ers but have not yet found the one to love. So I want to test Paragon 10, because MAYBE this is the one!

-Curt (April 05, 2009, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

The thing about Paragon that drives me nuts is it seems as soon as I shell out some money they come out with a newer version that's cheaper and has more features.  Would be nice if they extended upgrades.. since they don't tend to do many minor updates.  For example, I bought Drive Backup 8.5 Personal for $50. Got maybe one minor update.  Now they come out with 9.0 Personal with folder exclusion features for $40.  No discount for me with version 8.5 so since it's a pita to move stuff to external before backing up to keep the backup small, I shell out the $40 to get folder exclusion.  I mean, the software has saved my ass a few times so it does work.  Just wish they'd give a discount on the same software instead of emailing discounts on other stuff I don't need.

The main thing I find now is I wish I had a faster interface to external drives.  Laying the image back on from an external USB @25 MB/sec is a bit like watching paint dry.

Curt:
... I wish I had a faster interface to external drives.  Laying the image back on from an external USB @25 MB/sec is a bit like watching paint dry.

-MilesAhead (April 05, 2009, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

- I know what you mean; I once watched 40 GB video files changing their address at 5 MBps!
Why is it that USB cable packages are stamped with "480 MB/s"???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version