ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Shape Collage - Free Automatic Photo Collage Maker

(1/4) > >>

veenix:
Hi,

I'd like to announce a (donationware) program I wrote called Shape Collage that automatically creates photo collages in different shapes, like a heart, cat, or in the shape of a word, very quickly and easily.  I have attached two example collages to this post.  One is 200 photos of my cat in the shape of a heart, and the other is Cody created with 161 images that I grabbed from the Donation Coder website (Shape Collage can grab photos directly from websites).  I made each of those in less than a minute.

This is the project website (includes a lot of examples, screenshots, link to the download, etc.):
http://www.vincentcheung.ca/shapecollage/

Shape Collage - Free Automatic Photo Collage Maker Shape Collage - Free Automatic Photo Collage Maker Shape Collage - Free Automatic Photo Collage Maker

I like to make collages to summarize albums of photos that I have so I can post it on my blog, use as my desktop wallpaper, use for scrap booking projects, etc.  I was never satisfied with the collages created using Picasa and other programs because the photos are just randomly placed in the collage, the photos do not optimally cover the area of the collage, and many of the photos are covered up by other photos.  I used to use Photoshop to manually create the collages, but this would take forever.  So, I created a program that automatically creates photo collages and attempts to optimally place the photos in the collage using a machine learning algorithm that I developed.  I then realized that my program was not restricted to merely creating rectangular collages like every other collage making software or website, and so, Shape Collage was born.

I enjoy developing and using Shape Collage and I want others to be able to easily create their own collages.  You can save the collages in JPEG, PNG, or even Photoshop PSD format so that you can edit the collage yourself afterwards.  It's fast and free with no viruses, ads, etc. and available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

I hope you like it!

Vincent

mouser:
It looks terrific!

Can you re-attach your images but use smaller versions (dont use anything bigger than 1200x1024 or so as it causes trouble) -- i had to replace it temporarily.

veenix:
I've reattached the images in lower resolution.  Shape Collage is capable of creating very high resolution images suitable for being printed out in large poster format.

Antonimo:
Very, very nice!  :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Nice!

I have successfully made some collages -- though in one case I got an exception while saving (didn't manage to reproduce this though -- and sorry, no stack trace, intend to try to hang onto the next one if it happens again).

I also saved as PSD w/ the hopes of changing the positions of some of the photo images manually, but I didn't succeed in opening the file using the GIMP.  My limited understanding of PSD support in the GIMP is that the GIMP can manage to cope with some PSD files but not all.  Is it practical to output either a format which the GIMP could handle (in which editing is practical) or change the characteristics of the PSD within Shape Collage in a way that would make it editable via the GIMP?

Thanks for your consideration -- and Shape Collage  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version