ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Command line tools for after-capture processing

(1/2) > >>

nafs:
First of all, let me thank you for Screenshot Captor, I love it!

For my blog I take lots of screenshots, and to improve my workflow I want to send a captured image to the command line to automatically

a) create a thumbnail from the captured image
b) upload both the captured image and the thumbnail via sftp to my web space

Can this be done using Screenshot Captor?
Can anyone help me finding these 2 command line tools? There must be a lot of tiny open source floating around doing exactly that, no?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

mouser:
*great* questions -- we really need to do more sharing of such commandline tools.

Screenshot Captor designed from day 1 to let you configure such commandline tools and call them easily, but people have been slow to share tips about commandline utilities, and i hope we can change that.  maybe i can make it easier to share such configurations.

Some discussions about ftp upload from SC: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=search2;search=ftp

I'd love if you did not give up on this idea and shared with us your final solution.

SC actually has a built in thumbnailing funciton which i think works well.. but you want to make a thumbnail and upload both in one step, and for that a commandline external tools seems like the way to go.

nafs:
Exactly, as it is now I have to manually create the thumbnail.

Btw, there is a tiny bug with the thumbnail creation. Even though the "Switch to Thumbnail after Creation" checkbox is unchecked, the thumbnail rather than the (still selected) original is displayed in the main window.

mouser:
thanks i will look into that bug, i must admit i always used it with that checkbox checked.

mouser:
I want to say I'd be willing to add any features that could help people to more easily interface with (or share configurations for interfacing with) commandline tools.

Oh and another thing that people sometimes overlook is that you can right click on image files in the thumbnail view and access any normal file context menu tools you have installed on your computer -- so any general purpose uploader tools or image processing tools that install context menu extensions will work fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version