ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

What's the interval between posting and editing being noted?

<< < (2/2)

nosh:
maybe it was extended until the next post is 'posted'
--- End quote ---

That would be smart, and useful.  One's proof reading never seems to work properly until 1 second after committing.  :-[
-cranioscopical (February 17, 2009, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would serve a chronic 'edit'er like me well, too. But I can imagine someone posting an elaborate reply only to find out that the OP was edited enough in the meantime to make the reply redundant. A versioning system would be the best (though somewhat complex to implement?) solution.

tomos:
That would serve a chronic 'edit'er like me well, too. But I can imagine someone posting an elaborate reply only to find out that the OP was edited enough in the meantime to make the reply redundant. A versioning system would be the best (though somewhat complex to implement?) solution.
-nosh (February 18, 2009, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most people indicate where they edit - of course this can get complex if it's a post you edit multiple times but that's usually fairly rare ...

Darwin:
I usually indicate where I've edited. However, if I post something and then 30 seconds later realise that I've made an embarrassing spelling mistake, used a split infinitive, or made an error in logic and can edit it and repost less than a minute after having posted it, I don't bother... Maybe I’ll start doing so, though...

tomos:
I usually indicate where I've edited. However, if I post something and then 30 seconds later realise that I've made an embarrassing spelling mistake, used a split infinitive, or made an error in logic and can edit it and repost less than a minute after having posted it, I don't bother...
-Darwin (February 18, 2009, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
that's what I meant to say :)
if I edit within the minute or if it's very minor edit (I often edit formatting or "layout" to make it look nicer :-[ ) I wont bother saying

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version