ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Greatest Graphic Novel of All Time: Watchmen

<< < (7/13) > >>

redstarnyc:
Watchmen is definitely the best of all time.  I too bought the books at Forbidden Planet.  I really learned what comics could be from that book.  I've read a lot of stuff, but nothing holds a candle to Watchmen. 

nrenfree:
How about 300? It's about the ONLY graphic novel I know. I LOVE it. The movie rocks too.   :D

Mizraim:
When I was younger for some reason I fell victim to the world of The Punisher. I don't remember exactly what it was that drew me to that particular comic, but I really liked it. Perhaps it was the flawless execution of The Punisher's planning or something. :P Regardless, comics can really be a big part of life, the stories, the drama, the unexpected death of a loved one or ally. Like a good book, a good picture book. :)

Deozaan, I saw some of the Broken Saints, but not the whole thing, it could have been the slow rate in between frames that threw me off, but I don't exactly remember. I'll probably have to revisit that and finish it. :)

Darwin:
Anyone seen the movie yet? Everyone I know who might go with me is 15 or younger (my kids are 4 and 6), so I haven't had a chance to get out to see it  ;D

Mizraim:
I heard from a friend that it was a horrible waste of 3 hours. He had re-read it before watching it and it totally went off the wayside. Having never read it myself, nor seeing the movie, I can only go off of what I've heard. I typically don't like watching movies based on a book that I've recently read, because Hollywood always tends to add change the story.  :mad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version