ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Greatest Graphic Novel of All Time: Watchmen

<< < (4/13) > >>

CWuestefeld:
Any fans of Heavy Metal magazine?

ak_:
To anybody inclined to read stuff different from classic superheroes comic books, i strongly recommand the work from those guys :

- Daniel Clowes

- Robert Crumb
The Greatest Graphic Novel of All Time: Watchmen

- Peter Bagge

- Dave Cooper

ak7:
following on from what ak_ said, it was jimmy corrigan by chris ware that got me into graphic novels. also joe sacco's stuff.

Deozaan:
I never read any comic books, but now that I think of it, there was one I kind of did read. It's an interactive graphic novel done in Flash with music and sound effects.

It even came out on DVD with voice acting by some famous voice actors (I recognized 2 of the voices from Inuyasha).

It's called Broken Saints. Unfortunately their website has fallen into disrepair since the apex of their popularity. None of the links work, except the blog.

But when the site was up and running, they allowed you to download the chapters, and I still have them in my downloads folder. It's an 12-hour epic, broken into chapters (some of which are broken into acts) and in my opinion it's a very powerful story. It's definitely an adult novel (language, violence, nudity) not meant for kids or the workplace, but I think if you enjoy graphic novels (or even if you don't know you do) you ought to watch it.

I have never been into comic books/graphic novels but I thoroughly enjoyed Broken Saints. I'll even admit that near the end this one had me in tears. :-[ I wholeheartedly recommend it! :Thmbsup: :up:

Link: Broken Saints.rar (186 MB)
MD5: bd2d5ce0151034456db99c7522206a0b

Just click the chapter HTM files from the root directory, they will attempt to popup a new browser window fit to the optimum viewing dimensions and you can start enjoying an awesome graphic novel!

40hz:
I have never been into comic books/graphic novels but I thoroughly enjoyed Broken Saints. I'll even admit that near the end this one had me in tears. :-[ I wholeheartedly recommend it! :Thmbsup: :up:

Link: Broken Saints.rar (186 MB)
-Deozaan (March 05, 2009, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent, excellent, excellent recommendation Deo!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

That is still one of my absolute favorites. Solid storyline, good characters, a poetic narrative style, and a moral of sorts. It doesn't get much better than that.

I even went so far as to buy the 'enhanced' edition on DVD thru Amazon, although I must admit I liked the the original 'classic' version better.

I used to loan it out constantly until last year when it didn't come back.

I keep telling people how great Broken Saints is - and they keep telling me they can't find it.

Thanks for so generously hosting the archive for download. Looks like I'll be burning and passing out some CDs to friends in the near future. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version