ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Idea to get more NANY participators...

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
I'm not a big fan of that idea, czb... I'd hate to see DC covered in ads, and I don't like the focus on money.

czb:
It was just an idea :-[

cranioscopical:
It was just an idea :-[
-czb (March 02, 2009, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

czb, I think it's a great idea... for a lot of places but it rather fights with the DoCo philosophy.
My suspicion is that if DonationCoder turned into some sort of money spinner that would erode the community spirit.

Crush:
The reason for my idea was only that I found this site/adverts-rater randomly and especially wanted to make a suggestion to get other and new coders moving to donationcoder...
I wasn´t thinking about raising my personal income this way :D - if I release something here I don´t mind to get some profit of it, because I do it to see other´s reactions, get more or less constructive help and mostly just for fun.
My idea was not to pay others for their work! On the other hand nice prices could be a motivation for others to enter NANY.

Perhaps a single adds-site could be installed somewhere in the home that everybody can visit if he wants to help as an alternative and fast way instead of time consuming direct donations that needs at least a paypal-account or using your credit-cards?

mouser:
It might be worth pointing out that we give out dcmembers.com pages to coders here and coders are welcome to put advertisements on their own pages in order to get some revenue :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version