ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Idea to get more NANY participators...

(1/2) > >>

Crush:
How about some ads to offer more and better prices for NANYs ;) Donationcoder?

czb:
40 000 $ per year.. not bad at all :Thmbsup:

Generally I am not against ads, if they are not intrusive and if it helps the community why not ;)

BTW: I would prefer text adds to the picture / flash ones

mouser:
i'd really really rather not ever put ads on the site.  let's see how well the fundraiser and hope that it never comes to that.

Crush, i take it what you meant to say was, paraphrasing:
"Why dont we put ads on the site so we can raise more money so that we will have more money to give as prizes in our programming challenges"
--- End quote ---

But I've come to the conclusion that a site like ours shouldn't focus on giving big prizes.. we can let the big corporations drowning in money do that.. We'll keep things here much more friendly and less mercenary.. Those who want to participate will do so out of pride and enjoyment, and the pleasure of getting one of the rare and magical Cody mugs.

f0dder:
But I've come to the conclusion that a site like ours shouldn't focus on giving big prizes.. we can let the big corporations drowning in money do that.. We'll keep things here much more friendly and less mercenary.. Those who want to participate will do so out of pride and enjoyment, and the pleasure of getting one of the rare and magical Cody mugs.-mouser (March 02, 2009, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hear ye, hear ye!

Nothing beats the feeling of getting a special limited-edition handmade cody statue :)

czb:
Well, on the other hand the money earned by ads would go back to the community so I see nothing bad about it.

For example I will present one little idea:

Now there is a system how you personally can donate somebody, but what about if there was a system where you could give somebody points and the points will actually mean donation from adds.

To explain it on an example. Lets say you (mouser) will make an update of FARR and I and the others will find it useful. Then I will give you my vote and the more votes you will get the more donation from adds you will get. Of course all this should be in small amount of money, but big enough to motivate you in further development. Also the system should somehow be protected against misuse. So I would be able to vote for you only lets say 1 per week or similar...

Also the money would give you a chance to do more contests with small prizes and to carry out other fun ideas. But I agree with you that big prizes would not be good.

So the summarize it. If the adds were for good of the community and for example the serial numbers in mouser's soft would be removed then I would be 100% for.

Maybe you should make a poll to see what people think about it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version