ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

MARCH 2009: It's the 4th Anniversary DonationCoder.com Fundraiser

<< < (34/41) > >>

sgtevmckay:
The best part about DC though is what i said before -- DC is not trying to be a "profitable business"  -- and that means we don't have to make decisions like a corporation would and figure out what's the best way to make money.  Instead we can reverse the equation and say: let's do what we enjoy doing, and try to raise enough so we can continue doing it.
-mouser (April 01, 2009, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

A Men

gexecuter:
Okay, thanks for the very detailed answer Mouser i was just curious. Also do you plan to use the extra money that the site raised right away or are you planning on saving it for a rainy day? i would prefer the latter since you never know what could happen in the future.

sgtevmckay:
I still say a slideshow of the usernames, images, and quotes, with a thanks from Cody in the upper right side of the DC banner for thirty days would be great.

A kind of DC year book of Donaters for all who come to the site can see, and believe that there are real people who support this site.

mouser:
supporter yearbook exists :)
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=yearbook

Also do you plan to use the extra money that the site raised right away or are you planning on saving it for a rainy day?
--- End quote ---

i think some combination would be good.. maybe allocate $6000 for the next 12 months of hosting costs, but also keep eyes and ears open for some special things to spend some money on in the coming months.

in the past dc has never really had much spare money, that i just handled it all very informally, paying for all expenses out of pocket and reimbursing myself and using dc funds for my expenses as needed.  for most of dc's life since 2005 i have put in so much time and the donations coming in have been small enough that it was never really an issue.  i think we are probably at the point though where more rigorous accounting is needed.

and it's time to look at becoming an official non-profit again i expect.  i looked into it at some point but got totally freaked out by the additional paperwork stuff.. right now we are at the stage where i'm paranoid about taking on things that will steal more of my time if they aren't needed.

mouser:
8 hours left of the fundraiser!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version