ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

MARCH 2009: It's the 4th Anniversary DonationCoder.com Fundraiser

<< < (32/41) > >>

mouser:
slim isn't quite the right word hehehe..  ;D

we had a flood of donations during the 2 days that the newsletter reaches it's audience.. then we drop back down to normal.

let's not be greedy!!!!   who cares about 15.. we surpassed our highest goal, let's be happy and celebrate.. we don't need any more donations.

sgtevmckay:
agreed.

But there is something to said about wishful thinking.

And do not think for a moment that I am ungrateful to all those that have helped, especially with the economy in the shape it is in. Times are hard for all, with few exceptions. Time and money have both become very precious commodities, that can not be frivolously departed with, by anyone I would think.

Grateful does not even begin to explain what I am feeling.
I am a new member here, and after several communities over the years, I have never witnessed what I just witnessed over the last few days.

If this site ever needed a selling point, then it just made it.
Word of mouth is everything in by business, and word of mouth sells!
And actions speak louder than word!
All those who support with money, time, assistance, and code: it all just added up
And to think I just came and signed onto to get more information about CirleDock and Screenshot Captor, but I stayed, and found that I could help, and help I have.
I also found others that have helped me.
I just celebrated by helping and individual with CircleDock, before my surgery, When I got home, I found that I did indeed help.
For the first time I am understanding what it means when you hear; "The greatest pleasure is to serve"

Apologies for all the therapeutic nonsense :-[

I am beside my self, not quite understanding what I got myself into by joining this community, but am happy I did so.

The statement of I am not worthy comes to mind!

mouser:
And do not think for a moment that I am ungrateful
--- End quote ---

sorry if i seemed to suggest i thought that -- i absolutely did not intend to!

in fact if i may say so, and i don't mean to turn this into a ritual of mutual appreciation.. but it's the existence of people like you who make this site so special.  the forum can get pretty busy so many people probably don't know how you stumbled onto the site as a new user of circle dock which was coded by Eric Wong as part of a donationcoder project, and then you proceeded to hang around *helping* others with issues they were having with the program.  that's pretty remarkable.  and it's been really heartwarming to see.  so honestly i have to say i think the site is lucky to have you around.

Darwin:
It's a bit late for this, but... when I saw the new thermometer for the first time I thought: ?! Did mouser close off donations already? Is this over? With 11 hours and change to go in the fundraiser, this may not be the message that DC wants to send  ;)

Darwin:
he forum can get pretty busy so many people probably don't know how you stumbled onto the site as a new user of circle dock which was coded by Eric Wong as part of a donationcoder project, and then you proceeded to hang around *helping* others with issues they were having with the program.  that's pretty remarkable.
-mouser (April 01, 2009, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

What I find remarkable is that with over 160,000 members mouser can recall these kinds of details about individual members. This is one of the "details" that makes this site so special  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version