ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

MARCH 2009: It's the 4th Anniversary DonationCoder.com Fundraiser

<< < (31/41) > >>

mediaguycouk:
You could take the extra money over the $12,000 and donate it to a charity that allows you to name something related to it.

It would go along with the donation spirit, wouldn't be a massive amount at the last count and would do something really special.

I'm not sure what there is in your area but in our University they are trying to buy a new grand piano for the concert hall to replace a 20-30 year old steinway that costs £70,000 (I think I have the name right). If you donate enough they will name a key after you which would be in the concert hall for the life of the piano.

Maybe there is a hospital or hospice or other worthy cause being renovated near you that can have a donationcoder brick placed in it.

Take some photos, put them up then send them to the tech news agencies with a press release.

You might even get more visitors and donations because of it.

mouser:
I should clarify -- I wasn't even thinking of special things we might as a site do -- i was really just expressing that after all the newsletters and banners and special stuff we put up for the fundraiser, it feels like there should be a more formal "ending" to the fundraiser.. some kind of music/party/cake/confetti that would officially mark it as over.. rather then things just quietly slip back to normal..

mouser:
I think the fault lies in me saying we would close the fundraiser at midnight on April 1, and then starting the celebration on March 31.
So backup.. rewind... undo celebrations.. and..

Fundraiser is still going!! We've got 17 hours left from the time i post this (midnight april 1 board time)!! It's exciting, it's fun, cody is doing his final dance as the coins hit the ground near his feet!

mouser:
New thermometer image:

yes!

ed. note: it was pointed out to me that the way the thermometer was always growing ahead of donations might make people feel like they were being tricked. i apologize if anyone felt that way.  we didn't really start out with a fixed goal -- the idea was to run the fundraiser for a month and set a thermometer goal that seemed reasonable.  and it wasn't clear to me the best way to show when we reached that initial goal but wanted to convey that donations were still being asked for.  That's where the colors come in -- red was $8000, where we were really hoping not to fall short of, and then green ends at $12,000 which we didn't really expect to reach but were thrilled about.

sgtevmckay:
Ya know, there is a slim (albeit very slim) chance that 15 is attainable, with where the donations are now, and that there is  approximately 13 hours, if we could just get $100 an hour until midnight!

wishful thinking :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version