Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 02, 2014, 11:36:28 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MARCH 2009: It's the 4th Anniversary DonationCoder.com Fundraiser  (Read 69149 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »

Should i change the goal to $10k?
Nope

Chris
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2009, 11:12:22 PM »

Should i change the goal to $10k?

We baked the cake already. Anything else is just icing. Nothing wrong with making a goal of 4 tubes of icing but only making it to 2.

If you catch my meaning.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »

Quote from: Deozaan
We baked the cake already. Anything else is just icing. Nothing wrong with making a goal of 4 tubes of icing but only making it to 2.
That's a somewhat floury metaphor!

Chris
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »

What is the official cut-off point for the fundraiser?
That is, the point at which donations will no longer affect the thermometer?
Does one assume that at midnight on March 31st (your time) the fundraiser total will become 'fixed'?

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »

I think we should call the fundraiser over around midnight on April 1st, New York time.
(that is, it will go 24 hours into April by the NY time clock).
kwacky1
Supporting Member

i am Cody's cousin

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2009, 06:47:53 AM »

I think we should call the fundraiser over around midnight on April 1st, New York time.
(that is, it will go 24 hours into April by the NY time clock).

Good idea, that'll catch all those last minute donations from those of us in *other* time zones... smiley

gexecuter
Supporting Member

Move over and give us some room...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2009, 09:30:37 AM »

Only a little more and we can reach 10000 dollars, even tough we have little time i hope we can make it.

Mouser is made of win and awesome!
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »

Quote from: gexecuter

Are you nuts? Mouser is made of fail and mousering!
PS: Congrats on the fundraiser guys!

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »

Mouser is made of mouserings, fail, and broken air conditioners as scannie said. +1 from me smiley

Strength in Knowledge
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »

We're going to send out one last newsletter tonight.. i think that will help push us over the $10k goal  Thmbsup
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »

We're going to send out one last newsletter tonight.. i think that will help push us over the $10k goal  Thmbsup

OMG it's nearly @ $11,000 = that worked mouser!

Tom
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

Exciting times!

It's more proof this community is super-amazing  Thmbsup
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2009, 01:34:14 PM »

It is exciting!! Go go gadget newsletter!
Dare we hope to actually reach the final goal ?
gexecuter
Supporting Member

Move over and give us some room...

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »

It is exciting!! Go go gadget newsletter!
Dare we hope to actually reach the final goal ?

Hopefully we do reach the final goal!

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

I think we might just make it!!  huh Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss  Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »

Holy Carp, mouser-man!

w00t!

Thmbsup Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »

I think we might just make it!!  huh Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss  Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup

Just become a bank and apply for TARP funds. Seems much easier than writing a newsletter...  cheesy

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »

don't be silly, you can only get a bailout if you destroy a few hundred thousand people's lives while you conduct financial fraud and engage in criminally reckless behavior in a pursuit of absolute greed.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »

don't be silly, you can only get a bailout if you destroy a few hundred thousand people's lives while you conduct financial fraud and engage in criminally reckless behavior in a pursuit of absolute greed.

very well said there mouser ...

Tom
sgtevmckay
Supporting Member

Magis Esse

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2009, 07:45:38 PM »

rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »

I knew I should have included Politics forum in my suggestions when filling the survey......just kidding  tongue

Well put mouser smiley
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2009, 03:48:13 AM »

woo hoo!

Tom
iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2009, 06:46:30 AM »

I guess the newsletter worked, briefly translated it said:
"most of the money came from people who had already donated, how about we see new faces,  you've been hanging out here a while, go on, donate!"
iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2009, 06:48:25 AM »

We haven't tried that approach yet, how about we register "destructioncoder.com" and get started?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2009, 10:03:53 AM »

We did it! yay!!!!

thank you everyone.  what a wonderful experience.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:06:50 AM by mouser » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.062s | Server load: 0.02 ]