ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

MARCH 2009: It's the 4th Anniversary DonationCoder.com Fundraiser

<< < (11/41) > >>

steeladept:
one thing that has come up in discussions is the idea of offering something special to people who donate during the fundraiser that they wouldn't be entitled to if they donated before the fundraiser.  while that might be a way to get more donations, it seems completely unfair and illogical to me, and we haven't ever done something like that.
-mouser (March 06, 2009, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I definitely agree with this!  I donated in Feb because I had a few extra dollars (a rare enough event!) that I could send and since it had been a while, I knew it was time to donate again.  I knew about the fund raising drive before I donated and didn't wait mostly because I wouldn't still have the money in March (I would have spent it elsewhere and probably for less good!)  I certainly feel I get more than my fair share out of the software I use from here, and giving back money as well as participation is only fair.  Otherwise, getting this kind of software with this kind of developer response would be overwhelmingly expensive.  In addition, I would loose a major source of information, as much of what I learn (news-wise) ends up coming from here long before I hear about it elsewhere.  Only the headlines come from elsewhere.  Interesting page 3 stuff comes from DC  :)

kyrathaba:
Just donated, and feel great!

Carol Haynes:
Looks like you're going to need a bigger thermometer  :-[

Can't believe I just typed that!

mouser:
Before anyone gets too excited by speed of growing thermometer.. i should point out that it's probably about to slow down substantially because the newsletter call for help has now gone out and been distributed, and that was our main way of reaching people who might be sympathetic to donating.

mouser:
Just donated, and feel great!
--- End quote ---

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version