ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mircryption

Having Trouble in combination with another script (eggdrop)

(1/4) > >>

Test0r:
Hi,

i have (hopefully a small) problem here:

I have a server runnig with eggdrop and a few scripts on it.

Actually i have sucessfully installed & configured Mircryption, but there is just one point not running.

- If a user/chatter is posting a command (without having the right encryption key on) for a script - nothing happens -> thats fine!

- But on the server is runnig a script, wich is reading the logfile of the server and is posting this to my channel.
The Content of the LogFile is plaintext and also delivered as plaintext to my channel.

- Then this happens:
This text is posted, but as a decrypted Text -  unfortunately also with a unknown key oO

I have checked the config-files , but found nothing ... i do also changed the order of the scripts in my eggdrop.conf

I just want to see the text, but also in crypted form with my key i just defined in the config-file.

So actuall the text is posted, but with an encryption nobody can read :(

anybody here? who may can help me!?

(Answers also welcome in german ;) )

Test0r:
It's annoying.

If i use a command from this script, the output/answer is posted in crypted form with my defined key.

If this script is posting (e.g. a change on the server) themself (without a command from any user), then this output is displayed in crypted form but with another key, so nobody can read :(

Both methods catching/searching their answers from the same log-file  :-\ :huh:

need help  :D

mouser:
i'm not quite sure i understand what is going on..
are you saying that the script is itself encrypting stuff using the wrong key
or are you saying that when someone types using an encrypted key that the server doesn't know, the server repeats it and so no one can read it.

Test0r:
ok, i will try to explain my problem with an example:

I have a Server:
- on the server is running an eggdrop with 2 scripts
- 1st script = Mircryption
- 2nd script = weather script

If you join my Channel first of all you need is the correct key, or nothing will happen if you type "!weather zipcode".

If you have the right key und type "!weather zipcode" the bot check the logfile und posting the information he found

(in crypted form - using the defined key)

That's all good :) !

BUT

This script is also posting regular stats to the channel itself (e.g. favourite zipcode or so - every 5 hours) -

without any !* command, just itself.
But now something strange happens. Every user (wherever using the right key, another or no key) on the channel see a

posting from the bot. But nobody can read, cause the stats are posted in crypted form with an unknow key (maybe a

random key or so - i dont know :( )

So why is it so?  :-\

mouser:
ok thats clearer now.

in your tcleggdrop_mcps_sitesettings.ini file
have you set a value for default encryption key?

in other words have you removed the # commenting out this line:
#set mcpskey(defaulte)

that might be one way it could happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version