ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Anyone tried Google Code Search?

(1/1)

zridling:
I'm curious if anyone has tried Google's Code Search, and if it has been any help to you.

Ehtyar:
It's reasonable, certainly more helpful than vanilla Google, but that ain't hard. Personally I get the best results from Koders.com.

Ehtyar.

ewemoa:
It has been helpful for me when trying to locate code samples -- e.g. if I come across some function or method for which I find the documentation or other samples lacking, there have been times when this service has turned things up that have helped my understanding.

mahesh2k:
Snipplr, Koders are much better options than Google Code Search.

ewemoa:
Thanks for sharing those two  :Thmbsup:

I get the sense that Snipplr covers one type of thing (snippets), while Google's Code Search covers another type (full packages?).  I didn't figure out what Koders covers, but I got the sense that it at least covers the kind of thing that Google's Code Search does.

Does this impression seem accurate?

My favorite test search at the moment is for "beget" in JavaScript -- for this case, I seem to get more results from Google's Code Search than the others (are the results relevant?...good question!).  I wonder if anyone has done a more relevant comparison :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version