ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Quick Simple MP3 Player

<< < (4/5) > >>

Coeluh:
For Trout, it would be wonderful to remove it from taskbar and let it run only on the right side in...(I forgot what it's called) - stroke leaves me grasping for words, but you KNOW what I mean.     :P
-Sugar (March 07, 2009, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Systray?

PhilB66:
For Trout, it would be wonderful to remove it from taskbar and let it run only on the right side in...(I forgot what it's called) - stroke leaves me grasping for words, but you KNOW what I mean.     :P
--- End quote ---
Systray?
-Coeluh (March 08, 2009, 05:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's called "The notification area"

Why do some people call the taskbar the "tray"?

Coeluh:
--- End quote ---
Systray?
-Coeluh (March 08, 2009, 05:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's called "The notification area"

Why do some people call the taskbar the "tray"?
-PhilB66 (March 08, 2009, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Mmm, it's a shame the picture does not work anymore: link

tomos:
I call it (the "system notification area") the tray - if it was called the tray at one stage that's good enough for me.
If fact, especially if there's no problem with confusion with anything else that might be called "the tray", I see no reason to try calling it that other mouthful of a name ;)

veering even further off-topic ...
after reading this comment from that link I'm experimenting with Taskbar on top of screen
You touched on something that has bothered me for years when you referred to the taskbar as "that thingie at the bottom of the screen". The taskbar can be docked to any edge of the screen and I HATE it when applications assume that it's at the bottom and position themselves accordingly. I dock mine at the top and I've often wondered why it was placed at the bottom by default. Almost all applications have their menus and toolbars at the top, and when I'm working on something or reading I usually scroll so that the working area is in the middle or the upper half of the screen. Also, menus in applications are almost always pull-down, not pull-up as in the bottom-docked taskbar. So given all of that, why would I want to drag my cursor clear down to the bottom of the screen to switch applications or access the Start menu?
--- End quote ---

brotherS:
You touched on something that has bothered me for years when you referred to the taskbar as "that thingie at the bottom of the screen". The taskbar can be docked to any edge of the screen and I HATE it when applications assume that it's at the bottom and position themselves accordingly. I dock mine at the top and I've often wondered why it was placed at the bottom by default. Almost all applications have their menus and toolbars at the top, and when I'm working on something or reading I usually scroll so that the working area is in the middle or the upper half of the screen. Also, menus in applications are almost always pull-down, not pull-up as in the bottom-docked taskbar. So given all of that, why would I want to drag my cursor clear down to the bottom of the screen to switch applications or access the Start menu?
--- End quote ---
-tomos (March 08, 2009, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Because people make all kinds of choices that don't make sense. They want to live healthy but smoke, they want to be slim and eat cream pies, they spend more time deciding on which TV to buy than why they are not as fulfilled as they want to be, etc. etc.

(I figured out what you are trying to do! You want to make this SO off-topic that some moderator will just split the topic, ha!)  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version