ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Surfulater 50% discount @ www.bitsdujour.com on Mar 4

<< < (5/5)

kartal:
What is "SFFS "?

mwb1100:
Is it possible to share Surfulater repo across computers? Is the database structure suitable for synching(via another software) ?
-kartal (March 12, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
A Surfulater database consists of 2 files; I think that they are both XML files (I know at least one of them is - I'm not at home right now to actually look).  So a sync where file(s) are modifed only on one side or the other is quite easy - any sync software can handle it.  However a sync where both sides have updated the file is not something that can be easily handled - there's no way for an application that doesn't know about Surfulater databases to know how to handle the conflict. Since they are XML files, you might get lucky with a simply text-based merge, but I wouldn't think this would be reliable.

KB syncronization has been on nevf's todo list for quite a while, and it's the one that I've been most anxiously waiting for, but it's a tough nut to crack and I think that he's been concentrating on things his other customers want more.

I'm hoping it'll get into the 3.x version at some point, but I really have no idea how soon it'll be along.

As far as sharing a read-only copy of the KB, there are a couple options:

1. just copy the files where they are accessible from whoever you want to have read access - an unregistered Surfulater acts a free reader application
  2. Surfulater can publish a KB as a website

tomos:
What is "SFFS "?
-kartal (March 12, 2009, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Super Flexible File Synchronizer
sorry it's been discussed here so much (in the past) it tends to get shortened

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version