ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Surfulater 50% discount @ www.bitsdujour.com on Mar 4

<< < (4/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
I do get your concern though but I believe that part of why the market works is because they are free to address their concerns without guilt if the offer does not satisfy them.
-Paul Keith (March 05, 2009, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sure, but here's a thread  about 50% off and there are still complaints.
Look at the second line of the first post!

what happens in 18 months time when version 4 is released and only people who bought after the discount get the upgrade price?-Carol
--- End quote ---
Well, it'll be good to see what tomos discovers.
But... I'd guess your scenario would result in one of two things.  Either that people who want it would pay for it or there would be a decline in future revenue.

Paul Keith:
True but that's the nature of forums as opposed to anything malicious.

Also on the plus side, if you were to have known about Surfulator and didn't heard the news about the price hike and you read this topic, then the offer becomes more attractive than a normal come-by discount.

At least for me that's how it was and even though I didn't take advantage of the discount, I really really really came close to considering purchasing Surfulator because of that knowledge. 

tomos:
I've asked for a clarification in their forum about upgrade pricing
will let you know when I get a response
-tomos (March 05, 2009, 03:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

well it turns out this whole upgrading thing was a misunderstanding based on the wording in the email sent out to announce Version 3

Hi Tom,
Anyone that has purchased Version 2 can upgrade to Version 3 at 50% off as per the "What is your upgrade policy?" section on our FAQ and Purchase Web pages. If they purchased Version 2 within 90 calendar days of the release of Version 3, then the upgrade is free. I hope that is clear.-http://www.softasitgets.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6431#poststop
--- End quote ---

So from Version 2 you can upgrade to version 3 @ 50% off

EDIT/ if replying probably best to reply in the other Surfulater thread (?) https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=15730.msg154303#msg154303

kartal:
Is it possible to share Surfulater repo across computers? Is the database structure suitable for synching(via another software) ?

tomos:
Is it possible to share Surfulater repo across computers? Is the database structure suitable for synching(via another software) ?
-kartal (March 12, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

1) dont know
2) I've used SFFS to synch file using partial file updating (whatsit called - delta backup?) and worked from/opened that bakup on occasion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version