ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

tweaking printer settings

(1/2) > >>

techidave:
Not sure if anything exist in the wild or if it is codable or not.  It would be nice if there was some kind of program that could automatically changer printer settings back to their default.

For instance, I change Firefox to print in landscape instead of portrait (default) but I forget to change it back.  the next time I print it prints in landscape and I wanted it in portrait.

so the application would monitor this and then change it back when it was done printing.  it might be nice to have a feature to change after so many print jobs.

I would google this but not sure what keywords to use.

I figured some of my friends on DC would know about this if anyone does.

many thanks,
Dave

mouser:
one thing you might consider is making COPIES of your printer, and then switching between them.
you could even use the awesome PrinterList farr plugin to quickly switch the default printer between them:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9061.0

techidave:
But that would still require me to change printers.   :(  I seem to waste paper because I forget to change my printer settings.  Plus the fact that I hardly ever reboot or even restart Firefox to reset those settings. 

techidave:
Since I hardly ever use the print button, but opt to use the Ctrl+P, perhaps a warning box that says something like "landscape is selected" or something like that.

Hmmm...maybe I am dreaming about a solution to the problem.   :-\

lanux128:
For instance, I change Firefox to print in landscape instead of portrait (default) but I forget to change it back.  the next time I print it prints in landscape and I wanted it in portrait.-techidave (February 25, 2009, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

there is an 'about:config' entry in Firefox that allows different Firefox windows to have different print settings.

NameMeaning of Valuesprint. use_global_printsettingsTrue (default): Every browser window uses the same print settings
False: Each browser window uses its own settings, and changes in one window don't affect the others

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version