ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Registry Cleaning Software

<< < (8/8)

superticker:
Even removing some obsolete entries without defragmenting will speed up your system.

--- End quote ---
I've never seen an effect of doing that, and it doesn't surprise me. Windows uses a binary search when looking up keys, which means that even to look up a key in 4.2 billion keys it needs to look at maximally 32 keys.-f0dder (September 28, 2006, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Deleting obsolete B-tree (registry) entries isn't going to speed up B-tree lookups much.  It might speed up logins/startup some.  The reason applications speed up when bad registry entries are fixed is because they aren't waiting for non-existent service/procedure (COM) calls to answer that were pointed to by some obsolete registry link that says this service exists when in fact it has been uninstalled.

This brings up an interesting programming question.  If your application blocks on a service call that's not responding, how long should you wait before giving up?  Should you inform the user at all (after all, most users wouldn't know how to patch the registry correctly in the first place)?  I guess this issue belongs in the programming forum instead.  Sorry.

hudgy:
Hi, I am new so hope this is the right place for my post.

How do I make Easycleaner work with Opera? I installed Opera and would like to use Easycleaner with both IE and Opera.

Thanks

Hudgy

dr_tig1:
Im new hear to and it works good, Man it  was that fast,Dam and i was looking for some other reg ,  :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
FWIW CCleaner works with all the major browsers. If EasyCleaner doesn't then swap to CCleaner (or have both installed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version