Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 25, 2014, 03:37:09 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA- Force Adminstrator Mode, even if Logged in as Admin  (Read 1443 times)
catbait
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »

Even when I log in as an Adminstrator in Vista, there are several programs that will not install because they say I need Administrator Priviledges.  I have no clue how to fix this and would appreciate it if there was a code to disable whatever is lurking in the Register to prevent these actions.  2 programs in particular are A Lexmark driver, that shows up as an unknown device in DevMgr, and another is a PDF to Doc convertor program that I can not install.
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »

For both the driver and the tool: Get updates to be Vista compatible, if none are available, switch to similar tools that are Vista compatible.

Most trouble caused by Vista is incompatible drivers.
Most trouble using/crashing Vista is caused by incompatible drivers.

What you might want to turn off is UAC (User Account Control) but then you most probably will get bitten by both statements I posted above.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.02 ]