ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Shortcuts don't work

(1/5) > >>

kochon:
Hey guys, found out about circle dock on a gaming forum and i wanted to try it out, it's very nice, but the main feature of it won't work; the shortcuts.

I dragged my desktop shorcuts onto the dock, but none of my shortcuts work, my programs give me errors exactly as if it(Circle Dock) was trying to run the exe's from another location then where they belong. Any way to make it work properly?

sgtevmckay:
Ok, unfortunately it is a quirk of the CD, that if you drag a shortcut to CD and then delete the original shortcut, it will not work.
Understand that when you D&D an item to CD it is creating a shortcut to that item directly.
Therefore your best bet will be to go directly to the software folder and drag and drop (D&D) the exe file, or go into the CD shortcut and edit the address of the shortcut.

I hope I am making sense here. If not Let me know and I will do a step by step instruction.

I really should do one anyways, but let me know

kochon:
Yeah i got you. But amm, I already tried dragging & dropping from the main folder of the game, even making a shortcut in the game's directory and dragging it in CD without deleting it, it always ends up not launching my games, I checked the address in CD, but it's okay.. I must be missing something.

sgtevmckay:
Do you use Process Explorer or System Explorer, and what kind of Anti-Virus & firewall do you use.
Also what OS are you using?

I hit an issue with certain launchers, that if my settings in my Comodo Firewall are not correct.
I found in my Process explorer that the program is started, but it will not run. I find this by the program taking approximately 40% or more of my processor, but it will not start properly.
The exe gets hung on launch!

Let me know

kochon:
I'm in Vista SP1 using Avira Antivir Premium, no firewall at all. Never used process explorer. I use the task manager to locate running programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version