ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I switch from Dreamhost?

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
My two year contract with Dreamhost is coming to an end this April. I have been happy with them and don't plan on leaving, but I figured I would ask you folks if you have come across any full service hosting companies that compete with Dreamhost for price, features, and customer service before I sign up for another two years.

Carol Haynes:
I haven't used DreamHost but I have been using www.nativespace.co.uk for the last few months and they are fantastic. The servers seem responsive and don't seem to have any issues. When I had a couple of niggling issues both times I got an email response in under an hour and the problem fixed very quickly. (Some of those email responses were on a late Sunday evening). They also have a phone support line 24/7 though that may not be convenient if you are based outside the UK. Not only do they provide good technical support but they are very helpful and quick at answering other questions (including via Live Chat as well as email and phone).

sri:
From my experience, only Hostgator is a close match to DreamHost but DreamHost still wins features-wise.

Tinjaw: I have been using DreamHost since June 2006. Have 50 domains hosted.

y0himba:
Member since 2005, 13 domains, I have had to contact support twice.  Price is incredible as are the resources you get for the price.  I wouldn't change.

Shades:
How much do you think you can gain by switching from one provider to another?

If your current provider always delivers on up-time, security, ease of use, etc. (in other words, worthy of your trust)...at which point becomes their fee a major factor? After all, after making the switch, it can become quite troublesome and any of those troubles does no good to the trustworthiness of the new provider.

I use a Dutch company Hosting2go which asks 32 euro's for registering a domain and a year of hosting. Very likely not the cheapest out there, but their trustworthiness is very good. The value of my time looking for an alternative and fixing possible problems, makes it not worth the trouble to change...to me at least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version