ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (4/17) > >>

app103:
It's like a regular mouse with 2 extra buttons (one is under the thumb)

It took me about a week to get used to it. Now I wouldn't want to use anything else. Any "normal" mouse feels so tiny & awkward (and painful).

I have a problem with a bump that formed on the bony part of my wrist. Most people that use a computer a lot have the same bump. It's a lot like the one that developed on the middle finger of your writing hand from all the homework you did as a kid. Most never notice they have one on their wrist and it doesn't cause them any problems. But for me, the pressure from resting my hand on the desk in the position one holds a normal mouse, was painful. It is like having a heel spur on your hand.

(I bet you have a bump too, compare hands and you'll see it...one will be bigger than the other)

I tried using a padded gel mousepad with a wrist rest, but the "silky smooth satin cover" scratched my skin like sand paper and over the course of time, damaged my skin like scraping your hand on a cement sidewalk....right on the bump I was having problems with.

The vertical mouse allowed me to toss that mousepad and go back to a slicker surface. Because my hand is turned, that bony bump isn't touching anything.

urlwolf:
I forgot to say that I will NOT get a Logitech product again because their software plain doesn't work on any machine I own. This is because of an incompatibility with my keyboard of choice (IBM ultranav). I contacted both companies and they really couldn't care less. This is on win XP, I hope, now that I'm moving into windows 7, the drivers will not conflict with each other.

steeladept:
That is funny, I am the opposite.  I will never willfully use anything other than a Logitech mouse (though the thing about the software is true enough).   I just use MS mouse drivers with whichever one I choose and it works great.  I have yet to find anything I can do with the software that I can't do without it.  (well maybe if you have the 5 button mouse and want to program each one, but I only use the 3 buttons and they are configurable through windows).

As for the OP, I use the original VX - you know, before the Nano receiver.  It is quite possibly the best mouse I have ever owned.  I like it better than the MX because the thumb wheel seemed to always get in the way and it is so large in any event.  I chose the VX because it was going to be used with a laptop and hence more portable.  I also didn't need the extra wheel or buttons.  It has since migrated to everywhere I go (desktop and laptop).  The user replaceable AA battery is a bonus as well as the self-storing USB receiver. (This is for you Mouser!).  It is great because it lasts for weeks (usually 4-6 depending on usage) on the one AA battery and I use a AA recharger and rechargeable batteries (but am not beholden to them if I can't get back to the recharger  :Thmbsup:)  I like the Nano receiver, but would not go with the flatter nano VX if I had a choice because this one just fits so well.  However, if I ever loose the choice, I would not hesitate to consider the current VX version.

And for those of you who mentioned the freewheel - my VX has the user select slider switch for this capability as described about the MX620.

Paul Keith:
Thanks app. One final question, does the mouse need proprietary drivers and is it compatible with Linux?

TucknDar:
I use a Logitech VX Revolution for my laptop, and think it's an awesome mouse! I wish the USB connector was small like the VX Nano, but apart from that I really love this mouse. The logitech software isn't too good, but UberOptions gives it lots of extra goodness :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version