ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (2/17) > >>

PaladinMJ:
Razer Lachesis though truth be told I prefer trackballs , however getting a full featured multibutton left handed/ambidextrous track is almost impossible. nowadays

tomos:
Razer Lachesis though truth be told I prefer trackballs , however getting a full featured multibutton left handed/ambidextrous track is almost impossible. nowadays
-PaladinMJ (February 20, 2009, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

trying to get left handed anything (mouse-wise) seems pretty challenging to me :(
thanks for that Razer tip

mouser:
My rant against rechargeable mice: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10688.0

Stoic Joker:
I like the basic Microsoft USB optical mice.  They feel great in my hand, seem to last forever, and don't cost very much.
-mrainey (February 20, 2009, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Me too, two buttons & a wheel are enough for something I gota operate with my right hand (I'm left handed).

tranglos:
Mine is the logitech MX revolution.
Once you try the scrollwheel, you cannot go back to any other mouse. It has no clicks, you can roll it in a 'free' way.
-urlwolf (February 20, 2009, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. I love the MX Revolution - for the main scrollwheel, the shape and feel, and for the thumbwheel. Although for the main wheel I still use the click mode, can't get used to the free scrolling.

After a year or so, my MX has developed a problem though: every so often (like, once a minute during heavy mousing) a single left click generates a doubleclick instead. The mechanical contact thingie is wearing out, I suppose. This is hugely aggravating: click a delete button on a toolbar and a program performs two deletes instead of just one. Click the top-right (x) to exit an app, and exit two.

So I've been looking for a replacement, and it looks like the only candidate is another MX. I can no longer live without the thumbwheel! The two thumb buttons are also quite comfortable - I have them set up as zoom in and out. In any other mouse I've tried any additional buttons are positioned wrong somehow, out of comfortable reach - either too close to the middle of the mouse body, or too close to the front edge.

For my wife I recently got a Logitech VX Nano Cordless - looks like a mini version of the MX, sans the thumbwheel. She says it's the best mouse she's ever used. (Mouser note: this one uses AAA batterries, no recharging.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version