ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (6/17) > >>

Darwin:
Er... what's a free-wheel?

app103:
-Darwin (February 21, 2009, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

When you scroll the wheel on your mouse, most have little "bumps" that "click" as you scroll.

Free-wheel (I prefer the term smooth-wheel) doesn't have that. It's smooth, quiet, and you have greater control. But it's one of those things that you either love or hate, and if you love it, it's hard to find a mouse with it.

tomos:
--- End quote ---

When you scroll the wheel on your mouse, most have little "bumps" that "click" as you scroll.

Free-wheel (I prefer the term smooth-wheel) doesn't have that. It's smooth, quiet, and you have greater control. But it's one of those things that you either love or hate, and if you love it, it's hard to find a mouse with it.
-app103 (February 21, 2009, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

sounds nice
if you spin it does it keep going - is there that little resistance?

CWuestefeld:
I'm using a Logitech G5 right now. Standard stuff includes the normal 3 buttons and wheel, plus a "back" button by the thumb.

For extra coolness, the wheel tilts for sideways scrolling, and there are also two buttons below the wheel; these are programmed by default for changing resolution, but I've set them to "Home" and "End", which helps me all over the place.

The really unique thing here is the weights. It's a fairly light device on its own, but it comes with a set of little weights that you can insert to give the mouse more substance. I find that giving it somewhat more mass really does make a positive difference in the feel.

I used to love A4-Tech mice, but I've gone through quite a few of them. The features are great (including freewheeling), the feel is fine, but I found that they would start to malfunction in one way or another after a year or year and a half.

cranioscopical:
--- End quote ---
Our spokesman says, "something of which you'll never tire".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version