topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: In search of....am I the only one? Prayer list  (Read 3317 times)

bwren

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
In search of....am I the only one? Prayer list
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:21 PM »
I am searching frantically for either a mod for SMF or a customizable PHP based prayer list.  I am a little picky in what I want.  I am wanting something that anyone can easily submit a prayer request through an HTML form.  Also I would like them to have the ability to update their prayer request as needs change.  I would like the option to convert a prayer into a praise on a separate list as well but this is optional.  Also optional would be to allow someone to subscribe to email updates as requests are added and updated.  The ability to have the recently added/updated list on my homepage would also be a much desired feature. 

Has anyone seen such a thing?  Would anyone be interested in creating such a thing?  I can provide more specific details of functionality if someone desires.

Thanks for your time.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: In search of....am I the only one? Prayer list
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:55 AM »
bwren,

I am not aware of any free SMF mods out there that do this (though that doesn't mean there aren't any).  I do know that there are quite a few web-based services that offer what you want, though of course they charge varying monthly fees.  For instance, the tools available from this site offer an API that could be used to give the kind of functionality you want.

I imagine you're wanting something simple to use and, if possible, free.  I have a friend who might know something.  I'll email him.  If I learn anything of further use, I'll report back.