ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Easy-Hide-IP today on Bits Du Jour

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
Yes - I managed to edit this point out of my earlier post: for the hassle and the return on investment (dramatically slowed down connection speeds and/or massive resource utilization issues coupled with the fact that what you are doing is obfuscating, rather than obliterating, your real locations/identity, etc.), I think being careful about how you surf is a better prophylactic against web nasties than using one of these IP maskers. As f0dder notes, the only thing I can really see myself using the AdMuncher IPScramble feature for is to watch online television or (and I have done this) to force a retail site to give me the price in US dollars rather than Canadian (despite parity between our currencies, I often encounter SIGNIFICANT premiums being applied to conversions into Canadian dollars, in some cases 50%).

Dormouse:
It's approx $10 for a year, which isn't a bad price. Difficult to get this service for free because, somewhere along the line, the proxy servers have to be paid for.

Fairly simple and easy to operate. Slows traffic quite a bit, but most proxy systems do that.

There is a tendency for it to come up with European IPs. Can take 10 - 20 tries to get a US one.

I don't see it as a security option, but can be good for cloaking. Gives you a chance to check whether products are available at different prices according to IP!

Works automatically with ie, but Opera and FF have to be setup to surf with it. I see this as an advantage since it means that I can use the hidden IP and surf at my normal speeds at the same time. I would not do most of my surfing behind proxies - can't see the point for the surfing I do.

bienmaquen:
There are free outstanding solutions. Check the following page: http://internetfreedom.com and http://gpass1.com

My favorite is Gpass over UltraSurf. Gpass does not add proxy in browser Options/Connection/Lan setting when UltraSurf does that. And one can have problem if the system hangs using UltraSurf.

In that case, reboot, and try to launch Microsoft Live Messenger, which may refuse to launch but will launch a troubleshooting interface GUI that will open your browser (Microsoft Explorer Options's page directly to the Connection's page. Go to LAN Settings and untick the proxy setting.

You may try both Gpass and UltraSurf and choose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version