topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Easy-Hide-IP today on Bits Du Jour  (Read 11280 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Easy-Hide-IP today on Bits Du Jour
« on: March 11, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Hi Folks,

Easy-Hide-IP is one of the Bits Du Jour Today, at half-price, under $10.

http://www.easy-hide-ip.com/
http://www.bitsdujou...ftware/easy-hide-ip/

Folks use proxies and such for lots of reasons, and have different
requests. Anonymous browsing, and anonymous email to a forum,
come to mind .. while relative speed might be a big factor, maybe not. 
Perhaps the need is an IP from a particular area, or changing IP's,
or not-changing.

Some people want a more complete untraceability than others and
for some folks the issue is getting around political barriers, such as
censorship.  Or concerns about various types of persecution and
repression, current and potential.  It could be something as unusual
as a teacher concerned about their job if speaking publicly of their
creationary views.

Thus it is hard to look at any of this as "one size fits all". 

From my reading, it is very hard to generalize about various
IP-hiding and proxy software and servers .  Though I noticed
that while some stuff is free, a lot is say $25-50 a year.  I've
never used one so it is a bit of a mysterious area.

To someone uninformed (myself) this one looks like it might give
you an ease-of-use front-end without much difficulty with some
options.

What do our experts say about Easy-Hide-IP ?  Does it have a niche ?
Perhaps fairly new, claims a lifetime license for small $, and it looks
like a nice interface .  Will it help the light anonymous user ?  Say the
person bounced from the DonationCoder forum who wants to post  :).
J/k Mouser !

Any thoughts ?

Shalom,
Steven
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 07:10 PM by Steven Avery »

emilyandrew

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Easy-Hide-IP today on Bits Du Jour
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:06 AM »
Ya!
     I'm also having this!.............

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:10 AM »
AdMuncher has this capability built into it. It's hit and miss whether or not it slows your surfing down, but it does work. Previously, I used GhostSurf 2005 Platinum from Tenebril and it was incredible - didn't slow surfing down at all but there was quite a hit on resource utilization. If I was going that route again, I'd try the vanilla version of GhostSurf (Platinum comes with an excellent antipsyware and registry monitoring module - SpyCatcher - that you cannot turn off and that conflicts with various types of program installations, which is a PITA). Ghostsurf gives you advanced options (missing from AdMuncher and Easy-Hide-IP though user configurable through the OS) to enable/disable cookies. The really nice thing about Ghostsurf is that it also encrypts data leaving your computer. Also, you can configure its settings per website - so you set up a very restrictive/secure general browsing policy - hidden IP and no cookies with the information flowing in and out encrypted - and then specify sites that you want to have different settings applied to - for sites that use SSL like banks and online shopping, which won't work with encrypted data from your end and require the use of cookies.

Note that the license policy for Easy-IP-Hide is that the program itself is licensed for life but that you have to pay a $20 per year subscription fee for updates and for access to the most up to date network of servers that your outgoing info gets bounced around to annonymize you... This is how Ghostsurf operates as well.

EasyHideIP.png

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I find it a bit suspicious that I don't recognize any of the sites which awarded it 5 stars or a spyware free badge :huh:

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:49 AM »
You can't hide your IP - period. You can cloak it from the destination you're trying to reach, but the proxy will obviously still see your IP and be able to look at the data that's flowing through. So will every hop along the way to the proxy (traceroute/tracert...). Imho things like this doesn't buy you any real security, and I would certainly never use it for connecting to my web banking service.

If you're doing shady things, forget about nonsense programs like Easy-hide-IP et al. Either use TOR or a VPN service like relakks. If you're not doing shady stuff, don't bother - unless you need to "fake your IP" in order to watch online television or whatever :)
- carpe noctem

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Yes - I managed to edit this point out of my earlier post: for the hassle and the return on investment (dramatically slowed down connection speeds and/or massive resource utilization issues coupled with the fact that what you are doing is obfuscating, rather than obliterating, your real locations/identity, etc.), I think being careful about how you surf is a better prophylactic against web nasties than using one of these IP maskers. As f0dder notes, the only thing I can really see myself using the AdMuncher IPScramble feature for is to watch online television or (and I have done this) to force a retail site to give me the price in US dollars rather than Canadian (despite parity between our currencies, I often encounter SIGNIFICANT premiums being applied to conversions into Canadian dollars, in some cases 50%).

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 12:29 PM »
It's approx $10 for a year, which isn't a bad price. Difficult to get this service for free because, somewhere along the line, the proxy servers have to be paid for.

Fairly simple and easy to operate. Slows traffic quite a bit, but most proxy systems do that.

There is a tendency for it to come up with European IPs. Can take 10 - 20 tries to get a US one.

I don't see it as a security option, but can be good for cloaking. Gives you a chance to check whether products are available at different prices according to IP!

Works automatically with ie, but Opera and FF have to be setup to surf with it. I see this as an advantage since it means that I can use the hidden IP and surf at my normal speeds at the same time. I would not do most of my surfing behind proxies - can't see the point for the surfing I do.

bienmaquen

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:02 AM »
There are free outstanding solutions. Check the following page: http://internetfreedom.com and http://gpass1.com

My favorite is Gpass over UltraSurf. Gpass does not add proxy in browser Options/Connection/Lan setting when UltraSurf does that. And one can have problem if the system hangs using UltraSurf.

In that case, reboot, and try to launch Microsoft Live Messenger, which may refuse to launch but will launch a troubleshooting interface GUI that will open your browser (Microsoft Explorer Options's page directly to the Connection's page. Go to LAN Settings and untick the proxy setting.

You may try both Gpass and UltraSurf and choose.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:00 AM by bienmaquen »