topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: History Exception  (Read 3997 times)

GSz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
History Exception
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been using FARR for quite some time, it especially grew on me in the last few weeks, where I've gotten used to use Ubiquity (a Firefox add-on that works by text commands) in Firefox and FARR in windows.

I use alot less mouse now, and I'm faster working on my system, along with several shortcuts, it's just great.

I work with a lot of linux machines I access with Putty and web access, I have a hirarchy of folders with shortcuts that open sessions whenever I need, and I access them via FARR, it works for me (maybe there are other solutions, but I like the "there's more than one way" motto) even if it's not the best way.

Anyhow, I can run quite a lot of these shortcuts, but there's no reason for me to keep them in the history.

My question: Is there a way to mark exceptions for the history? or at least group some commands to have a lower score?
That is, select a folder or keywords that don't go into the history list?

Thanks for a great application.

Gal Szkolnik
- Sincerely
    Lockszmith

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: History Exception
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12 AM »
currently the only thing you can do is uncheck them in the history, and they wont show up in the listing of recently run programs, but they will still move around in the history list (and fall off the end of the queue eventually).

but maybe this would be a good case where i could provide functionality to let plugins disable saving items to history, and let someone make a plugin to do the kind of thing you want.

GSz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply, sounds like a good idea.

Another - related question, I noticed that when running an alias/plugin they don't go into the history, is that by design, or just me missing something?
- Sincerely
    Lockszmith

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 05:23 AM »
it's by design but it's also something that has been requested is added, and probably will be.