Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 25, 2014, 12:41:09 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My 5000 posts commemorative DC mug  (Read 6307 times)
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »

I took delivery of my 5000 posts DC mug yesterday and thought I'd post a picture of it here:

Unfortunately, my notebook is sitting on my desk in my office* and there is a window just above and to the left of it, so I had to use the flash to bring out the text on the mugs. The one on the left is the 5000 posts commemorative mug and the one on the right is my membership mug.

Thank you, mouser!

*and I am too lazy to move it...  ohmy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:07:30 PM by Darwin » Logged

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:08:29 PM »

PS hoping Carol will post a picture of hers in this thread  smiley

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »

Is that a food tray?

Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »

PS nice mug smiley

Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »

Is that a food tray?

Maybe... who’s asking?

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:16:26 PM »

Is that a food tray?

Maybe... who’s asking?

Just someone who hasn't eaten in 8 hours... Sad

Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »

Yeah. Alright. I *might* have liberated a food tray or two in my day - they are excellent for keeping the external vents under a notebook from getting obstructed. After my mother-in-law fried a near new notebook harddrive, I took action...

I like the mugs, too. They’re quite large and make for a very satisfying morning coffee ritual...  smiley

PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:31:41 PM »

Congrats Darwin beerchug

Re. tray... it does look like a fast food / prison food tray. So who are you actually, darwin?
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

Nice! Is the 5k-posts mug a standard item now?

- carpe noctem
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »

Nice! Is the 5k-posts mug a standard item now?

Haven’t gotten yours yet, f0dder? I meant to include you in my "hope Carol AND f0dder post pictures of their mugs when they receive them"  embarassed Sorry...  ohmy

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »

Quote from: Darwin on Today at 18:13:20
Quote from: Deozaan on Today at 18:09:04
Is that a food tray?
Maybe... who’s asking?
And I thought it was the world's biggest system tray... essential given Darwin's penchant for software.  ohmy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:14:42 PM by cranioscopical » Logged

Chris
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:41 PM »

Re. tray... it does look like a fast food / prison food tray. So who are you actually, darwin?

Cafeteria lady, perhaps?

Er.. except of the male variety, of course. tongue

Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »

...but still dressed up as a girl  tongue

So you can at least say something about the mustache without feeling any kind of remorse.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sorry Darwin, sleep deprivation makes me silly  embarassed
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:00:47 PM by Shades » Logged
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 04:10:39 AM »

ohh, I better keep posting - my only hope!

nice to see the fotos foto and enjoy the slagging

Tom
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 04:14:16 AM »

By the way, that's a nice wallpaper image for your laptop. Did you take that photo yourself?

Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »

By the way, that's a nice wallpaper image for your laptop. Did you take that photo yourself?

No... I only downloaded it the other day and I've already forgotten the site  ohmy As iit’s only about 250kb, I’m attaching it now (hope that's OK? Mods feel free to remove if inappropriate).

* Bluebell Woodland.jpg (846.53 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 270 times.)

ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 09:15:57 PM »

Possibly the following?

http://neosmart.net/galle...luebell+Woodland.jpg.html
Codebyte
Supporting Member

"Premature Optimization is the root of all evil."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 10:42:40 PM »

f0dder: nice mugs. We share the same laptop smiley I love my Gateway P-7811FX smiley

CodeByter.com - http://www.codebyter.com
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »

No... I only downloaded it the other day and I've already forgotten the site  ohmy As iit’s only about 250kb, I’m attaching it now (hope that's OK? Mods feel free to remove if inappropriate).

Hmm...

Bluebell Woodland.jpg (846.53 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 10 times.)

250kb vs. 846.53kb? huh

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »

That wallpaper ships with Vista?
* Deozaan dumps XP in favor of Vista. tongue

Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 12:41:54 AM »

That wallpaper ships with Vista?
* Deozaan dumps XP in favor of Vista. tongue

No... didn't ship with my copy at any rate! However, it does ship with some great wallpapers, most of which are readily available on the net.

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 02:34:11 AM »

f0dder: nice mugs. We share the same laptop smiley I love my Gateway P-7811FX smiley
Are you sure that wasn't meant for Darwin? smiley

- carpe noctem
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 09:00:41 AM »

Are you sure that wasn't meant for Darwin? smiley

Yes, no doubt! That's my Gateway notebook in the picture, situated, as noted by others, on a a cafeteria food tray  ohmy It's not a P-7811FX, mind you, but I still love it! It's a more humble M-6783h - Vista Ultimate 64 (upgraded from 32 bit Home Premium), T5750, 4GB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM and an ATi Radeon 2600 Graphics card with 512MB dedicated DDR3 memory. The RAM has been upgraded (from 3GB), as has the harddrive (250GB 5400 rpm to 320GB 7200rpm). As I've noted elsewhere, I'm "jonesing" for a CPU upgrade, but am pretty sure that all I'd really gain would be bragging rights and a lighter wallet! As it stands, the jump to 7200 rpm realized the biggest performance "boost".

Comments about fools and money will be ignored  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.04 ]