ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Clipboard program help/recommendations

(1/2) > >>

Cloq:
Is there a clipboard program that saves to a database, auto groups (based on keyword groups you make in the program) whatever you cut/copy and allows the clips to be a part of multiple groups based on the content?

example:

clip copied: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/MediaMonkey/1004522272/1

keyword groups made in program x: fileforum and MediaMonkey

clip should be a "member" of both keyword groups so if I click on either group I should see it.

mouser:
you could actually do this with my Clipboard Help and Spell by making virtual groups and using some custom sql.  not the most documented thing though.  you could probably do it with clipmate as well i'm guessing.

Cloq:
I was looking at Clipboard Help and Spell earlier. I will have to play around with it.
Thanks for the heads up.

mouser:
Keep in mind this is a largely unused and undocumented feature in CHS, but here is how you would do it:
Create a new clip group, then edit it.
Then check the sql box and use text like this:

--- ---(ClipText LIKE '%fileforum%') OR (ClipText LIKE '%MediaMonkey%' )
You could add more conditions, like matching on the application name (table column name = Application).

And you might want to add the condition:

--- ---AND NOT (IsInRecyleBin)
to avoid matching items in the recycle bin.

---

As i said this is a not-very-supported feature which is annoying to use sometimes because when the sql is invalid it throws up a bunch of errors you have to click to ignore and then go back and re-edit.  But it does work.

rjbull:
I think ClipMagic can do what you want:

What is ClipMagic ?

ClipMagic is a powerful Clipboard Extender and Information Manager for storing Images and Text, either automatically or manually in a categorised format, with details of the URL if the text is from an Internet site.

--- End quote ---

I tried it for a while, but found I didn't really use the auto-category feature.  I went back to ArsClip and CHS for general use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version