topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Can not get it to work  (Read 9080 times)

asilaydyingdl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can not get it to work
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Hello, I can not get this Desktop Coral to work for the life of me.  It was working just fine until I changed my theme.  It worked one time earlier today, but has not since then.  Its very frustrating.  Are there any known issues as far as software it conflicts with?  Is it my theme itself or a registry error?  I need insights.  Thanks.

asilaydyingdl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Can not get it to work
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I have a theory regarding this program... I think that maybe any themes which make your windows taskbar larger than default break this software.  The first time it was working, I had a standard sized taskbar with my theme, however, since I changed to themes with larger taskbars (Window Vista theme, Windows Seven theme) it has not worked.  can you please check this one out Mouser and see if its the case?  If so, can you address it in future releases?  I will test this theory myself soon.  Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:40 PM »

asilaydyingdl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:47 PM »
I would love to!  It actually worked briefly yesterday for me... but another program caused explorer to crash right when it did... figures, the first time explorer had crashed in a long time too.

asilaydyingdl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 01:10 PM »
No change... the only thing I can think of is that something on my computer has been modified, and its keeping it from working.  I will have to tinker around some more.  Thanks for your efforts.

asilaydyingdl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 02:06 PM »
I had a breakthrough.  I believe it is my theme in all honesty or an app on my computer... its breaking desktopcoral.  Here are some images to show you whats going on.  The first one shows a shot of desktopcoral working for just a second at a time when I edit the taskbar settings on my computer... it then stops working, and the issue that the second image shows is what happens.  Look at the very bottom of the second image...
Thats my most recent discovery.  I will not be able to work on this further for another 9 days or so, as I am leaving my desktop computer in my dorm when I go home for break.  If you come up with any ideas, let me know.  Thanks for your help!

asilaydyingdl

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:42 AM »
Well, I changed my theme to the Leopard X theme, and desktopcoral has worked flawlessly since the change... I believe that theme I was using broke desktopcoral.  The theme I was using was the VistaVG Ultimate theme.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:58 AM »
another mystery solved  :up: :up:
thanks for updating us -- useful info if someone else has same problem.