ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: On-screen Caps Lock alert

(1/2) > >>

rodtanner:
A user-locatable, user sizeable, translucent, red(?) dot that is visible when Caps Lock is on.  I've never found the keyboard indicators adequate.  Thanks!

PhilB66:
GreenOSD (onscreen display).

rodtanner:
Thanks for the reply, but I haven't a clue how to deal with code.  I just use 'em.  I don't know what makes them run.

PhilB66:
It's an autohotkey script. Just ask in that thread for someone to compile it for you.

Also, see systray keyboard lights and caps\num lock indicator threads for alternatives.

tomos:
Thanks for the reply, but I haven't a clue how to deal with code.  I just use 'em.  I don't know what makes them run.
-rodtanner (February 16, 2009, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
it's actually quite easy this one (I only know the easy stuff ;)) instead of getting it compiled you can:

if you dont have AutoHotKey, get that and install it (or just get the zip file on same page & unzip - both portable far as I know)  http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

Save Skrommels code using Notepad or other text editor - the code hidden by the spoiler - may as well save it as the name he gives it GreenOSD.ahk (you've got to add the ahk suffix your self) preferably in your AutoHotKey scripts folder:-
~\AutoHotkey\Extras\Scripts
open/double click saved AHK file - that's it, it's running

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version