ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Simple Java Panel setLocation issue. help?

(1/1)

relequestual:
Im currently working on a project which has a game panel and a control panel.
The game panel works fine, however now im trying to create the control panel in the same frame, and i cant seem to set its location.
Its location is under the game panel, however I cant seem to make this stick, as the button always displays at the top of the screen in the middle.

I know with java you have little control over they layout, but surely I must be able to group a section of buttons and make sure they display in one area only?

Code pasted below in spoiler
Thanks in advance

Rel

Spoiler
--- Code: Java ---import java.awt.Color;import java.awt.Dimension;import java.awt.Graphics; import javax.swing.JButton;import javax.swing.JPanel;  @SuppressWarnings("serial")public class hospitalControlPanel extends JPanel{        private JButton button1;        public hospitalControlPanel()        {                button1 = new JButton("im a button");                add(button1);                setBackground(Color.lightGray);                setLocation(0,810);                Dimension CPanelDim = new Dimension(1025,90);                setSize(CPanelDim);                                                System.out.println(this.getLocation());        }}
--- Code: Java ---import java.awt.Dimension;import java.awt.Point; import javax.swing.JFrame;import javax.swing.JPanel; /** *  */ /** * @author Rel * */public class hospital{         /**         * @param args         */        public static void main(String[] args)        {                JFrame gameWindow = new JFrame("Java Hospital");                gameWindow.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);                gameWindow.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(1025, 900));                gameWindow.setResizable(false);                                 //gameWindow.getContentPane().add (new hospitalGamePanel());                gameWindow.getContentPane().add(new hospitalControlPanel());                                gameWindow.pack();                gameWindow.setVisible(true);        }  }

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version