topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Benubird Pro on Bits du Jour today (Feb 14, 2009). Anyone using it?  (Read 7555 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Subject line says it all... but to clarify, I'm wondering if anyone has any real-world experience with this application and can recommend it? I have PaperPort Pro 11 and am not sure I need this. However, I am intrigued by its tagging abilities (which PaperPort lacks). I don't think that 8 hours will be enough for me to make a decision, however, so here we are...  :-*

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Benubird Pro on Bits du Jour today (Feb 14, 2009). Anyone using it?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 02:21 PM »
If you only need tagging/search in tags (assuming pdf conversion is covered) then I think you can get it in other ways. I for example use TotalCommander for that. it stores tags in the comment metadata, and it can search in there too.

I still don't use tagging much. Music files, yes. Pdfs: I wish! the rest... well, I do not really see an urgent need.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Yeah, I don't use tagging at all at the moment. I can see how it might be beneficial, and I know others here love it, so thought I'd look into it. I'm leaning toward a pass on this offer...

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:07 PM »
am not sure I need this
Look into my eyes.
Take deeeep breaths.
Repeat after me, "I need no more software, I can save the money."

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Yes, oh, Mesmer... I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I need no more software, I can save the money. I can save th...

herneith

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I have Benubird Pro and have been using it for a couple of months.   Initially, I had trouble figuring it out but, after half an hour or so of tinkering with it, I got the hang of it on a basic level.  I have yet to plumb all its usages.  The tagging component is good in that you can impute whatever pertinent information in the property field resulting in swift searches.  You can access executive files as well.  You can add new files from the dialogue box also.  There are collection, sub-collection and smart collections for which files are made more quickly accessible.  I haven't as yet utilized all its' features but what I have learnt how to do with this program is good.  Best of all for novices like myself it's literally stupid proof.  I have tried similiar applications and for me this was the most comprehensive.
SKWilliams
It's stupid proof!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Thanks, herneith  :)

MrZebulon

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 03:12 AM »
@cranioscopical

You are right and brought a big grin into my face. Thanks  :Thmbsup:

Cheers
MrZebulon

rowanhanna

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 08:11 PM »
Hello guys,

I'm from Debenu, the company that created Benubird. This is just a short note to you know that we're using UserVoice to capture feedback. If you've had a chance to download the trial version or you purchased during the Bits du Jour, please drop by and give us your feedback:

http://feedback.debenu.com/pages/general

Look forward to hearing from you...

Cheers -Rowan

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 09:33 PM »
I did in fact pass on the offer - thanks to being mesmerized by cranialscopical! I use DOpus, PaperPort Pro, and X1 Pro and am simply not sure that I need another indexer/tagger/file manager/way to keep track of stuff. I did run the trial for Benubird and it was impressive enough that I was tempted to spend some time with it to figure it out... However, I also realised that I was in danger of spending money I shouldn't be spending at the moment and uninstalled it  :o I’m still interested in people's experiences, though...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 09:41 PM »
PS welcome to DC, rowanhanna  :Thmbsup: I started writing the above to say that and got hopelessly sidetracked... We love to have developers/company reps participating here, so hope to see more of you  :)