ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Secrets jumps shark

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ehtyar:
Windows Secrets newsletter fail. Bet if we uploaded that to failblog it would be published. How can you possibly pen an article about a technology you don't even know the name of? Sorry mouse man, but I'm with the rest of the executioners...

Ehtyar.

cranioscopical:

Mental slips and typos are easy to make but a human should take on the task of proof reading, especially something destined for wide circulation.

40hz:
What do you mean with "short of", 40hz?
-bgd77 (February 14, 2009, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Short of = 'Besides'

Sorry. Trying to cleverly say that IMHO there aren't any newsletters currently out there that can compare to Gizmo Richard's old Tech Support Alert.

So if we do anything less than start our very own newsletter, we're stuck with what's out there.

Hmmm...maybe we should. There's enough talent at Donation Coder to do that. 8)

---

BTW: Typos or not, Windows Secrets still leaves much to be desired for many other reasons.

Darwin:
What do you mean with "short of", 40hz?
-bgd77 (February 14, 2009, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

"short of" means that "the most drastic/expensive/unpleasant/insert adjective here" solution follows... so, in this case I'd read it as 40hz saying that there really isn't an alternative to Gizmo Richard's TechSupport Newsletter and that if you want one, you'll probably need to write it yourself. Of course, I could be wrong... 40hz?

PS 40hz himself answered while I was typing this, but I'm posting anyway in hopes that defining this idiom can be laid to rest ( ;D)

BigJim:
Does Gizmo read here? Can we/should we give him a heads up??   :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version