ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Secrets jumps shark

<< < (2/4) > >>

BigJim:
Perhaps so, Mouser. But I'm fully on-board with bgd77 and Darwin. I ALWAYS found several things of value and interest in Gizmo's newsletter and often printed it out for valuable 'waiting room reading' when taking my Mom to her various appointments. His annual subscription was a bargain at twice the price. One of the many aspects that I appreciated was that it was (for want of a better term) punchy: brief, on topic articles with plenty of links to follow up when desired. Windows Secrets is first and foremost so laden with advertising that it's a real pain to wade through. This also negates the practicality of doing a print out. More importantly the content is a fraction of the value (to me) as was Gizmo's newsletter. Time for the reset button, IMHO.   >:(

J-Mac:
Somehow this is sad and funny at the same time. I still see some value in SOME of the articles in Windows Secrets, but I truly do miss Tech Support Alert.

To be honest, though, even Langa's more recent articles seem to be a bit..  dated?

Jim

40hz:
I was a huge fan of "Tech Support Alert" newsletter from Gizmo Richards, until he moved to "Windows Secrets".

Are there any alternatives to "Windows Secrets"?
-bgd77 (February 14, 2009, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean short of sitting down and putting it together yourself? ;)

Darwin:
give 'em a break, they made a mistake in terminology.  an embarrassing mistake, but just an honest mistake.
-mouser (February 14, 2009, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

While I agree with that terminology SNAFU was a mistake and that this is forgiveable, I had the overall sense that the newsletter was a bit OTT - as I said, FUDD.

bgd77:
What do you mean with "short of", 40hz?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version