ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted: line highlighter

(1/2) > >>

rjbull:
I have to use Web apps that present results in a table, which tends to be eye-boggling if you have to read across to match opposite ends of the line without accidentally slipping onto the next line.  I'm looking for something that highlights a line on screen in the same sort of way that lots of text editors do, highlighting the line the cursor is on, as per the image.    I could start looking at on-screen rulers, but please, does anyone know of a program more like what I'm looking for?

This is a bit like line highlighters from the days of DOS mono LCD laptops  ;)

Thanks...

PhilB66:
Vu-Bar maybe? Not a text highlighter but if skipping lines is the problem then this might be the solution. If not, google for "assistive technology / reading disability / one line text highlighter".

cranioscopical:
Nice one, I can use that!  Thanks.

rjbull:
Vu-Bar maybe?
-PhilB66 (February 13, 2009, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that looks good  :)  I see he also has a version that can be flipped between horizontal and vertical, for spreadsheets.  His links page has a link to Donation Coder - so he must be good   8)

Thanks!  :)

PhilB66:
His links page has a link to Donation Coder - so he must be good   8)
-rjbull (February 13, 2009, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, the author (kip) is a member. See Virtual Flashlight thread for another cool tool by kip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version