topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Upgrade discount for SoftMaker Office 2008 - $15/€13  (Read 3709 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Upgrade discount for SoftMaker Office 2008 - $15/€13
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:11 PM »
I got an email this morning providing a discount for previous owners of SoftMaker Office (and presumably AShampoo Office - but I'm not certain about that).

The order page indicates that it's for previous owners - I'm not sure if the installer checks for a previous version or not.

You can now upgrade to the full SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows package for the low price of just EUR 12.99 (worldwide) or US$ 14.99 (United States and Canada only).
Please use the appropriate one of the following links:

WORLDWIDE CUSTOMERS:
http://www.softmaker...ode=a05&curr=eur

CUSTOMERS IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA:
http://www.softmaker...ode=a05&curr=usd

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Upgrade discount for SoftMaker Office 2008 - $15/€13
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:46 PM »
I got that mail (and another a while ago) but both had my customer number so I didnt post
If you have had an older version of Ashampoo Office or Softmaker Office you should get this mail

If you dont have an older version I suspect you could well be throwing your money away
Tom

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Upgrade discount for SoftMaker Office 2008 - $15/€13
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:41 AM »
I think SofMaker Office is a steal at these prices. It's a very capable suite and, to me, it just feels better than MS Office with (almost?) complete compatibility. It uses BasicMaker as a scripting language which is more intuitive than Microsoft's VBS. To me, the decision to go with Softmaker Office rather than upgrading to Office 2007 from Office 2000 was no contest. :)